Yes! Internships and student jobs are a great way to build your résumé. You gain valuable work experience, develop appropriate skills in your area of interest, build relationships with mentors and others who have the potential to assist you when you begin a serious job-search later on, and explore career paths to see if they truly fit your skills and abilities.
The best place to find a variety of good paying student jobs in any field, both on and off campus, is the UW Student Job Center.
Below is a list of websites that offer internship options for a number of CANES related disciplines in a wide variety of locations.
- University of Notre Dame – Internship Listings
- Wesleyan University – Internship Listings
- The Catholic University of America – Museum Internships
- Internships at the Smithsonian
- Recommendations from Museums Association
- Local Internship Options:
- Local Volunteer Options:
- Learn how you can get credit for your internship by taking Inter L&S 260
- Money for your internship.
Archaeological Field Schools
There are many summer opportunities to work on excavations. Have a look at the Archaeological Institute of America’s Database for a list of excavations and field schools around the world.