The Department of Classical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies depends on the generous help of its friends and alumni to support a wide range of teaching and scholarly activities throughout the year. These gifts enable the department to undertake a broad range of education activities, including:
- Scholarships and prizes for undergraduates in Classics and Classical Humanities
- Travel funding for students who study abroad
- Fellowships and awards to support graduate research and scholarship
- Sponsorship of lectures and seminars by national and international scholars
The opportunities are boundless and the need is very great.
You may contribute to Classical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies in two ways.
- Donate online, using the UW Foundation’s secure online giving page.
- Send a check or money order along with a printable gift form to the address listed on the form. Please make your check or money order payable to the University of Wisconsin Foundation and include the fund number 13254011 on the gift form and the memo line of the check.
We are very grateful to all of our continuing supporters, and we warmly welcome new benefactors. Your generous contributions to the Department of Classical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies allow us to maintain and expand the excellence in undergraduate and graduate education to which we are dedicated. While a large gift or endowment can help to sustain our program for generations to come, a gift in any amount, however modest, strengthens the department’s contribution to the liberal arts on campus and across the state of Wisconsin.